Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Great ideas from fellow teachers and bloggers!

I've been finding some fabulous ideas via Pinterest these hot summer days and wanted to share some with you!

First, I was inspired by Dandelions and Dragonflies blog with her classroom setup including bookshelves at each grouping of desks. I would love to do this in my classroom!



I also found a whole class behavior management chart to encourage positive behavior in daily specials, hallways, lunch, etc. at Stories from Room 114 blog. In the past, I have used hand prints that have to reach a pair of cowboy boots (which I move higher and higher throughout the year). When the class reaches the cowboy boots they receive a whole class prize, which remains a mystery until they earn it! This is a hundreds chart that is used in a similar way. Click on the picture to check it our for yourself!



If you haven't been lucky enough to view this video clip, I recommend that you do! This teacher has some cute, engaging classroom management cues for her students! I will definitely be using these this year!!


I can go on and on about other ideas that I've found, but I think that's enough for today! Be on the lookout for pics of my Wild West classroom this week!



Holly Kaczmarek

3 comments:

  1. Love the hundreds board! And love the whole-brain teaching! Did you see I posted some links to the same thing? I think it looks like so much fun! Maybe we can find a workshop on whole-brain teaching and go together!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the whole-brain teaching concept and would love to know more about it! I will have to check out your links, I haven't seem them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ideas that you have found! I have nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. Go to my blog to receive your award: http://tis4teacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete