Saturday, May 5, 2012

It's been WAY too long...

It has been a KRAZY school year! Our school district (and state) have adopted new Common Core and Essential Standards for the upcoming school year, so we have been training like crazy! North Carolina has adopted the National Common Core Standards in Language Arts, Writing and Math. They chose to go with the new NC Essential Standards for Science and Social Studies for now, with hopes of adopting the Common Core standards in the future. So, my First grade team and I have been busy aligning our lessons to the new standards and searching for new ideas to help us teach the new standards!

I have also been spending a lot of my time on Pinterest! I swear I should be on their payroll as a spokeswoman! I have found so many great teaching ideas and teaching blogs via Pinterest. I also love to cook and bake yummy treats and I have found sooo many yummy recipes there too! Some of which have become staples in my house! Another Krazy thing that has happened is that my husband and I just recently found out that we our expecting our first baby this November! We feel so blessed and are over the moon with excitement! So, you can add searching for cute and practical baby ideas to my Pinterest activity too! I would love it if you followed me, I believe I'm listed under my first and last name. If you can't find me and would like to follow my boards, message me and I will find you!

Well, with only 22 days left in this school year (Where has the time gone?!) I hope to post a few ideas that you may want to use in your classroom to wrap up your year too! This summer my hope is for my blogging to REALLY pick up! Then, once the new school year starts I would like to blog at least one a week!

I hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!

Holly Kaczmarek

No comments:

Post a Comment