Monday, August 13, 2012

Mouth-Watering Monday!

Now I know that I have a sweet tooth, but this little baby girl growing inside of me has made it even bigger! With that said, today's recipe is a wonderful dessert for you to try. It's called Honey Bun Cake and both smells AMAZING while baking and tastes AMAZING too! It starts with a box of yellow cake mix ( I used Betty Crocker Butter Yellow) and the rest of ingredients are things that you would normally have on hand (eggs, oil, sour cream, cinnamon, brown sugar, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk). Hey, I never said it was healthy, just that it tastes AMAZING!!


This recipe came from The Country Cook and she has many more marvelous recipes for you to check out! Her recipe is to make this cake in a 9x13 pan, but I chose to make cupcakes because I am delivering some to a friend for her birthday and taking the rest to a meeting with my First Grade team tomorrow.

Here are some tips for the Honey Bun Cupcakes (some tips are for cupcakes in general)...

Tip #1:

Pinned Image

I like to pour my cupcake batter into a gallon size plastic bag and snip the end off. Using this tip, I can squeeze the batter into each liner without making a huge mess. The tip shown above was found via Pinterest, and came from the website http://bakingdom.com. I have a cool kitchen gadget that I received from my mother-in-law last Christmas that I use in place of a glass. Same concept, but can be used when marinating meat too! Here are a few pictures of my gadget:

My little plastic bag stand.
It's adjustable for different size bags too!

It also folds flat for easy storage! Isn't it fun! I love it!
                  

 Tip #2

Pinned Image



 Tip #3

For the Honey Bun Cupcakes I covered the bottom of each cupcake liner with batter. Then, I sprinkled about a teaspoon of cinnamon mixture in each (you could add more if you like, I had a lot left over). Finally, I covered the cinnamon mixture with more batter (I did not worry about swirling the cinnamon mixture into the batter) and popped them into the oven for 25 minutes. I followed the tip pictured above for the baking.

Tip #4

Using the same plastic bag trick from above, I drizzled the glaze over top of each cupcake.   

 This recipe was very easy and gave me about 2 dozen cupcakes.

I hope you like it!







Holly Kaczmarek

No comments:

Post a Comment